profile.country.en_GB.title
121shadow
Visitor

S.M.A.R.T HARD DRIVE DETECTS ERROR

Hi all

Sony Vaio SVE1711R1EB

when I boot i get the message

S.M.A.R.T HARD DRIVE DETECTS ERROR

suggests I back up and press any key to continue.

Also windows message

Capture.JPG

What should I do?

Please advise

Thank you

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Mike and welcome.

It is likely that your hard disc will fail in the near future.

1. You should back up all important files and folders. If the drive fails everything will be lost. Do you have an external hard drive or a large USB stick?

2. You should make a set of Recovery Discs if you have not done so already. Use Vaio Care to make a set of DVDs holding all the original software and Windows operating system so this can be reinstalled onto a new hard drive if necessary.

3. If your Vaio is still within warranty, contact Vaio support to dicuss the next step.

:thinking:

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Mike and welcome.

It is likely that your hard disc will fail in the near future.

1. You should back up all important files and folders. If the drive fails everything will be lost. Do you have an external hard drive or a large USB stick?

2. You should make a set of Recovery Discs if you have not done so already. Use Vaio Care to make a set of DVDs holding all the original software and Windows operating system so this can be reinstalled onto a new hard drive if necessary.

3. If your Vaio is still within warranty, contact Vaio support to dicuss the next step.

:thinking:

kavinv
New

sir,I had bought sony vaio before 14 months but i haven't got the back up cd's ,now my laptop is affectd by hard ware error,will you suggest me how to clear that errors,will you please help me sir.