Join now - be part of our community!

S.O.S. nvidia 9300m gs driver

SOLVED
profile.country.en_IE.title
alevalin
Visitor

S.O.S. nvidia 9300m gs driver

Good day people:

I just need some help re: my sony vaio vgn cs21z/q's display driver. I cant seem to update the device driver using auto update. it keeps giving me the message windows found out that the device driver is up to date when in fact its the oldest 2008 version of the driver. I tried downloading the latest driver and use it instead of the auto updater but it still gives the same up to date message.

Hoping for some help and thanks in advance guys! 

Alejandro

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Alejandro,

Sony do not provide an updated driver for Vista but they do provide a download of Ver 186.40 (21 Oct 2009) with the Windows 7 downloads.

Other nVidia drivers will not install on a Vaio as Sony are responsible for updating drivers.  Do you have a particular problem with the supplied driver or are you just updating for the sake of it?

At your own risk, have a look here - but read the Quickstart Guide in the FAQ area on the right before considering the .INF modifications required to install a newer driver.  As I say, this will be at your own risk!

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/

:wink:

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Alejandro,

Sony do not provide an updated driver for Vista but they do provide a download of Ver 186.40 (21 Oct 2009) with the Windows 7 downloads.

Other nVidia drivers will not install on a Vaio as Sony are responsible for updating drivers.  Do you have a particular problem with the supplied driver or are you just updating for the sake of it?

At your own risk, have a look here - but read the Quickstart Guide in the FAQ area on the right before considering the .INF modifications required to install a newer driver.  As I say, this will be at your own risk!

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/

:wink: