Join now - be part of our community!

s1 and s2 buttons (probleeeeemmmmmm)

husu
Visitor

s1 and s2 buttons (probleeeeemmmmmm)

hi everybody i heave VGN-FE11S
the original OS was WIN XP HOME but I bought WIN XP PRO edition and install it. also i heave install all drivers and utilities, after all volume and Fn keys is working but S1 and S2 is not working.

please dont write the following message (or method) because I did it :upside_down:

1 Sony Utilities (Installer Folder 1)
2 Sony Shared Library (Installer Folder 2)
3 Vaio Event Service (Installer Folder 5)

9 REPLIES 9
husu
Visitor

NO ANSWER ?

skykit84
New

what about the Sony control panel thing?
I forgot what its called (it might be utilities in whcih case ignore this)

I'd install everything Sony gives in the Utilities and Applications folder as most are drivers/configuration apps for the laptop

I cant give you a proper answer yet as I dont have a Sony laptop anymore for atleast a week anyway but if tomorrow at work I'm working on a Sony, I'll confrm the above

husu
Visitor

i heave also tried VAIO control center. when i touched it says

tou can`t launch

sony! pls help me i wanna use S buttona

husu
Visitor

OHHHHH SONY please solve this probleeeeeeeemmmmm pleeaaasseeee

husu
Visitor

Yeah Vaio Experts dont you have any solution? :slight_frown: :thinking:
I tried all solutions ehic is written on the forum. and than I have failed :angry:
:laughing: :angry: :anguished:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

No-one else seems to have this problem.

Have you reinstalled ALL the Sony Utilities? Do you have Vaio Control Centre in your Control Panel as you need this to configure the S1 & S2 Buttons. If you don't have this then not everything has been reinstalled.

Have you tried pressing and holding down the S buttons - when you hold them down for 10 seconds a configuration screen should appear?

:thinking:

husu
Visitor

No-one else seems to have this problem.

Have you reinstalled ALL the Sony Utilities? Do you have Vaio Control Centre in your Control Panel as you need this to configure the S1 & S2 Buttons. If you don't have this then not everything has been reinstalled.

Have you tried pressing and holding down the S buttons - when you hold them down for 10 seconds a configuration screen should appear?

:thinking:

yeah i install all the sony utulities. :slight_frown:

and i press and hold for 10 seconds but just nothing. :slight_frown:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Yeah Vaio Experts dont you have any solution? :slight_frown:  :thinking: 
I tried all solutions ehic is written on the forum. and than I have failed :angry:
:laughing: :angry: :anguished:

Official Sony support can be found via Vaio-Link have you thought of asking them..

However there reply will probably be that they will only support the original installed operating system.. :wink:

sweetCoffee
Visitor

just to say that I have exactly the same problem !
so it's a general problem caused by Sony