Join now - be part of our community!

SAFEGUARD PRIVATEDISK

amj.designs
Visitor

SAFEGUARD PRIVATEDISK

I HAVE TRIED MANY TIMES CONTACTING SONY ABOUT THIS PROGRAM THAT IS IN MY LAPTOP AND I HAVE BEING TRYING TO UNINSTALL,SONY COULD NOT HELP.THEY MAKE SURE THEY PUT THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE & PROGRAM ON YOUR LAPTOP BUT YET THEY DO NOT WANT TO HELP.I HAVE SENT 6 EMAILS TO THE MANUFACTER BUT YET NO REPLY.YOU CANNOT UNINSTALL IN ADD & REMOVE OR DELETE IN PROGRAM FILES EVEN ON THEIR SITE THERE IS NO REMOVAL TOOL AND THIS IS ONLY A TRIAL VERSION.HAS ANYONE GOT AN IDEA HOW TO UNINSTALL IT THANKS

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hmm That's strange I removed SafeGuard PrivateDisk from Add & Remove Programs :thinking:

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Some trial programs need to be activated before they can be removed using Add/Remove programs…..

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
amj.designs
Visitor

Hmm That's strange I removed SafeGuard PrivateDisk from  Add & Remove Programs :thinking:

i'm telling you i could not and it is bugging me,if you ahve can you see in c:\ you will have the folder called UTIMACO it is still there.

profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

GO TO START > RUN> REGEDIT> H KEY CURRENT USER > SOFTWARE > mICROSOFT > WINDOWS > UNINSTALL AND DELETE THE PROGRAM IN THE LIST. jUST DOUBLE CHECK BY MAKING A SYSTEM RESTORE POINT INCASE IT ALL GOES TITS UP.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

No the folder has gone now.

I agree Rich, but I did not activate the program I just removed it.

Did you actually use the program amj.designs?

amj.designs
Visitor

No the folder has gone now.

I agree Rich, but I did not activate the program I just removed it.

Did you actually use the program amj.designs?

no i haven't as it didn't seem that important to me i have tried to use it since i read the replies but i cannot find it in the add & remove also to the reply before this going to run>msconfig>that is one of the longest route to take as i ahve tried it with microsoft it took half hour and still could not tell what program it is.despite the program is not removed in that process you only stopped it.

profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

Regedit not msconfig:smileygrin:

amj.designs
Visitor

Regedit not msconfig:smileygrin: 

ok sorryn i got something like AB(DEFAULT) TYPE IS REG_SZ,DO I delete

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

There nice airbags Beardo :smileygrin: