Join now - be part of our community!

Screen always on! Help!

profile.country.it_IT.title
mikimarchio89
Visitor

Screen always on! Help!

Hi there! I have a huge problem! My Vaio Z just came back from a repair. Now all the times that i close my laptop screen nothing happens. It doesn't go in sleep mode nor turn off the screen backlight. How is that possible? I already checked all the Energy Options, even the advanced ones, and everything is correctly setted. Is like if the laprtop does not recognize when the screen is closed or open. If i put it in sleep mode manually everything shut down fine but to turn it back on i need to open the screen and press a keyboard button. Is there any registry option that has been changed while in reparation or something else? Pleaseee i need to fix this asap!!!

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

If you are sure you have reset all the available changes in Control Panel -> Power Options then it seems likely that the magnetic switch which recognises that the lid is closed may have stopped working or the wires disconnected.

Sadly this probably means another repair.

:thinking:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi mikimarchio89,

Welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Have you also checked the Power Options > System settings are set correctly for the when you close the lid..:smileyconfused:

profile.country.it_IT.title
mikimarchio89
Visitor

I actualy checked all the possible options (in Control Panel) for the Power management and so. I was wondering if there was something that i was missing such as registry values or something like that, a little to advanced for me. I really hoped that there was a solution without having to send it back to repair since it just came back after two months and ten days! So please if there is something else to try just le me know. Thanks!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi mikimarchio89,

unfortunately if you've checked all of the Power Management options and that's not solved the problem when you close the lid, then as Blencogo has already suggested above you may need another repair..:smileysad: