Join now - be part of our community!

Screen flashing and blackout intermintently & harddisk noisy.

engyong
Visitor

Screen flashing and blackout intermintently & harddisk noisy.

Hej,

I sent my sony-vaio laptop for the inspection due to the above problem two weeks ago. Today, I got a message that the engineers do not find any problem.

The harddisk sounds louder (spinning all time) than before, doesn't means this imposes problem to user (compared to my another netbook which is queit)? and the LCD screening flickering and blackkout sometimes. I am dissappointed of their services since two weeks has gone and they have already asked me 3 times on bios password! It seems they do not have good communication among themselves.

Can anybody give me a piece of advice?

EY

11 REPLIES 11
engyong
Visitor

I got the laptop returned yesterday. They have replaced the LCD inverter as shown on the paper (great job) but they did not explain why there is a high spinning sound (much louder than ventilation fan) from the right hand side of the mouse pad? Did'nt they notice it? Why they do not listening to me? It seems that I must accept this spinning sound from SONY VAIO for hight price.

engyong
Visitor

LCD screen works perfectly in the third day. No screen flashing encountered so far. Sony engineers have done a great job! Anybody who can give me a tips to reduce the high spinning sound would appreciated.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi engyong,

not much I can suggest really - have you tried adjusting your vaio's power plan..:smileyconfused:

engyong
Visitor

Yes. I have tried it earlier. I set hard disk turn off after 10 minutes. It doesn't help. High spinnig sound can be heard even on the Bios password screen when I switch on the laptop. What I can do is wearing the earplugs at night. Nothing more I can do on it.

engyong
Visitor

Hi Talamus,

I can hear the spinning noise over the system fan as soon as I switch on the laptop. The laptop's hard disk is Toshiba MK4058GSX. The datasheet from Toshiba HDD website says that it is an ultra quiet hard disk.

The hard disk might has physcial problem, I suspect that. Vaio hard disk test not been able to find the fault.

EY

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Have you tried contacting vaio support again.?

engyong
Visitor

A technician from Sony-Vaio, Egypt called me to run the Vaio diagnostic test and the harddisk test shown hard disk is good. He told me to call me again about the result on Thu last weekbut he didn't. I wrote to them an email this morning. I will see their response. Anyway, I am really tired to deal with the repair centre now, much time and work I have put in. They should have checked it when my laptop was in their repair centre. My request is simple, check it thoroughly and if need be, replace another hard disk for me. It is not fun with that kind of spinninig sounds like the FAN turns on all the time.

engyong
Visitor

Hi Talamus,

I received a call last Friday. They changed the hard drive and the fan. I will get the laptop back tomorrow.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I received a call last Friday. They changed the hard drive and the fan. I will get the laptop back tomorrow.

:cool: hope that's solved your problem..