Join now - be part of our community!

Searching this Forum

profile.country.en_GB.title
gyron1
Explorer

Searching this Forum

I often have cause to try and search this forum in an endeavour to resolve problems I encounter, before posting a problem on the forum (for which I always get a very speedy response from the experts I might add).

The suggestion by Blencogo 'Searching This Forum' via Google (because the Sony Vaio link is broken), I am afraid does not seem to work for me.

My question is, whether other Forum members have tried Blencogo's suggested alternative and got it to work? OR is there another alternative 'work around' that they have found does work?

I must say however that I am most disappointed that Sony have, to date, found it unnecessary to repair such a facility within the link. It could save quite a lot of thread time.

Gyron

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Gyron,

My question is, whether other Forum members have tried Blencogo's suggested alternative and got it to work? OR is there another alternative 'work around' that they have found does work?

As far as I am aware the search route via google is the best there is at the moment and unfortunately finding what you are looking for is a bit of hit and miss affair. :slight_frown:

I must say however that I am most disappointed that Sony have, to date, found it unnecessary to repair such a facility within the link. It could save quite a lot of thread time.

I can understand you frustration, but currently posting a question is possibly the simplest way to get an answer..

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

It could save quite a lot of thread time.

Call me cynical if you wish, but that may not be in everyone’s interest :wink:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Call me cynical if you wish

Hi Cynical, welcome to Club VAIO... :devil: :smileygrin:

profile.country.en_IE.title
sonypass33
Visitor

Kinda shows what they think of their customers really!
This is broken for well over a year now, is there a reason they don't want us to know about?

gyron1
Explorer

Thank you for replies.

I guess posting questions regarding problems is the best way. I certainly have had excellent responses from the experts and, I think, always had my problems resolved by them. Keep up the good work gentlemen, we need you.

Re cynical, I am always worried that my questions might be somewhat naive. Generally I do try and search for answer first, but, as above, you guys always come up trumps!!

I honestly don't know whether Sony's indifference to this problem is a reflection of what they think of their customers. Maybe its simply very low on their priority list or maybe the 'problem' has never 'landed' on the right desk!

Gyron

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Re cynical, I am always worried that my questions might be somewhat naive.

Don’t worry about that Gyron. No question is naive and all are welcome.

Please don’t interpret my above remark as directed at you or any other Vaio user. I only make this observation as the problem 'landed' on the right desk a few years back....

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
gyron1
Explorer

Thank you Rich912 and Thalamus, both of you have been most helpful to me in the past. Long may it be so!

Kindest regards,

Gyron

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Thanks for your kind words Gyron, it's nice to know that our time & effort is appreciated.. :slight_smile: