Join now - be part of our community!

Short or battery?

Coalhole
Visitor

Short or battery?

Greetings Vaio-nites. Has any one got issues with PCGA-BP2EA battery pack? I've got an A517B and when battery charge status hits 100% charge, for at least a few hours, I shutdown,switch off the mains and un-plug. Switch the computer on, about 24 hours later, and the battery has 'lost' about 15-25% of its charge? Now I know that batteries lose some juice over a period of time but in my experience, that is a little too fast! I'm curious to know if I'm alone on this one? Or whether my machine has some sort of short? (Notebook is 2 months old)

In anticipation, Citizens.

5 REPLIES 5
wtp
Visitor

I have this battery in an 18 month old VGN-A115Z. In the last week, the battery charging icon has been replaced by an AC power cord symbol. The battery is not being detected by the machine. I have taken it out and reinstalled it, but to no effect.
Before it 'disappeared', I did use the machine on battery power once or twice per week, but was never impressed by the length of time before the battery gave out. I hope this is just a case of needing a new battery, but it is pretty poor for an 18th month old computer that cost about £1200. I have an 8 year old Apple laptop (seldom used), which always displays the battery charging symbol whenever it is fired up.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

That's fast, because I have a 3 year old battery and if I leave my GRX off for 24hrs it usually is at 96%

wtp
Visitor

The battery charging icon returned this morning. After about 30 minutes, it was still on zero percent, but the battery charging light was flashing for the first time in a while. I'll leave it on all day and see what happens when I return..........

wtp
Visitor

The battery light has been flashing all day, but it's still on 0%.

On the Power Meter, the battery is shown as charging, but as well as the lightning flash, it has a red cross on it. What's up?

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Your battery's obviously malfunctioning