Join now - be part of our community!

Should private schools use expensive sony laptops

PeersCarter
Visitor

Should private schools use expensive sony laptops

Does anyone on the forum feel that a private school owner could recommend sony laptops for students due to the higher price than lower cost equivalents.

T I A

20 REPLIES 20
Resonate
Visitor

Does anyone on the forum feel that a private school owner could recommend sony laptops for students due to the higher price than lower cost equivalents.

T I A

I think recommending VAIO to any one is a good idea even to schools, what i wouldnt agree with is if they were only offered as the only option for them to get. There is a great advantage to having a VAIO as i do alot of Media, Entertainment & currently Web Building i wouldn't have anything else on the plus side if comes with alot of software & tools which are needed, So yes to recommend it to them is not a bad idea :slight_smile:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

T I A

Don't see any problem with that, but if you feel a DeLL would be better then you should recomend them.

It's all a matter of taste.

Vas
Visitor

It's all a matter of taste.

Agree with Kee-Lo

In some cases I also think it depends on what they are studying :thinking:

Yes in general Vaio laptops are good

Some people complain about all the software Sony preinstall but if they don't need them, all they need to do is just uninstall.

kee-lo_

If it's a graphics design school then it's a MacBook Pro

apierc1
Visitor

I think they should have to use the most expensive laptops possible.

kee-lo_

Money doesn't always mean the best Andy, some 799 laptops beat some of the 999 laptops

PMed
Visitor

Not just private schools should use sony laptops. i think all should, and therefor avoid a lot of technical problems and slow computers. Vaio should be recommended to evryone.

Resonate
Visitor

Ah but you could even set your own "Building a computer Workshop" many should agree with me when you have the knowledge to build you appreciate them far more not to mention i can build a close enough Spec to the new DELL XPS cooling thing for only half the price not to mention the little extras you can add.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

T I A

Your privileged pupils will obviously expect the best. Whether this will instil an appreciation for the product in hand is debatable. I suggest an abacus :wink:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat