Join now - be part of our community!

Hi

I am new to this, can anyone help? I have a new touch screen Vaio laptop and it came with Skype pre installed on Windows 8. On my old laptop it was much more simpler. I had people in my old contact list but they don't show on my new skype on my new laptop also I don't know how to search for people. Can anyone tell me how to do this please it is so much more complicated than my old one

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
takrzem

Unless you have it all set up as different account / user name - which might be the case as mine uses system account which is also connected to Skype and contacts have migrated automatically - the easiest I can think of is to download stand-alone version of Skype and use it as before.

http://www.skype.com/en/download-skype/skype-for-computer/

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi sheesh1960,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..:smileyhappy:

I do not have Windows 8 but the first time you start skype you should have an option to sign in using a previous Skype account, see the You’ve never signed in to Skype with your Microsoft account in the following link Skype FAQ's

If you have already signed in with your windows account then you should be able to unlink that account & then set skype up again using your old Skype user name & password, which should include all of your previous contacts..

See the following link for instruction - How do I unlink my Skype and Microsoft or Facebook accounts?