Join now - be part of our community!

Slight Problems with my VGN-NR21Zs

Gibbs-
Visitor

Slight Problems with my VGN-NR21Zs

Hey all
Got a couple of gripes with my laptop of 6 months:
- the left mouse button requires quite a heavy push to make it work, not a tap, what could I do to make it function as it once did?

- the following keys: 2,3,4,W,E,R,F2,F3,F4 emit a clicking sound when pressed, it halfway sounds like an old windows error noise, but I know its nothing to do with the computer or any errors, it is just when those keys are depressed. What can I do to stop this as it is driving me up the wall!!!

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
Ralucutza
Visitor

i have the same problem as you , Gibbs,with my vaio VGN-NR11S/S .i have to push quite hard the left mouse button to click something. and one more problem , with my Fn+ F4 keys, it doesn`t respond when i want to turn up the volume.
does anybody know why?
i have to mention that i have my vaio for about 1 year .

Gibbs-
Visitor

Mine also does this every now and then, when I try and up/down the volume/brightness the box doesnt come up on screen. Not too often though.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

- the left mouse button requires quite a heavy push to make it work, not a tap, what could I do to make it function as it once did?

Hi Gibbs,

as your Vaio is only 6 months old I would suggest you open a case with Sony Vaio support, you can do this either by phone or via e-Support, use the following link to find the contact details: Sony Vaio Support

i have to mention that i have my vaio for about 1 year .

Hi Ralucutza,

welcome to club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

If your Vaio is still within warranty I would suggest that you do the same asap.. :wink:

Gibbs-
Visitor

Hi I'm taking your advice and contacting e-Support, but where do I find the 'Warranty / Insurance Contract Number' which is only needed for VAIO customers?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi I'm taking your advice and contacting e-Support, but where do I find the 'Warranty / Insurance Contract Number' which is only needed for VAIO customers?

Hi Gibbs,

if you still within the Sony guarantee period then your Vaio's serial should be all that's required..