Join now - be part of our community!

Slit H/D to have two op systems?

Slit H/D to have two op systems?

Is it possible to have two operating systems on one PC.

I have a tera bite hardrive and wonder if I can instal win-7 HP in Spanish on one section and Ultimate in English on another.

Trying to avoid two issues.
1. Not to purchase Spanish Ultimate after buying English version and lose support.
2. Keep Sony support by upgrading the Spanish Vista HP to Win-7 HP.

I could then chose what system to work with?
Excuse me for my lack of expertise, any help would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
C13UGG
Visitor

Hello,

So the best way to do this would be to create either 2 or 3 partitions on the hard disk. A partition is logical space, so like its own container. If you try to do it in the same partition you might see issue, and it isn't recommended. The reason I say 2 or 3 BTW, is because you would have:

Partition 1 - English win 7
Partition 2 - Spanish win 7
Partition 3 - Data

therefore, if you have any issues with the 2 partitions with the OS, it wont affect your data. Also, if you want to re-install again, wont affect your data.

In terms of install, copy all your data off the first. Stick the disk in and choose to boot from it. This will be a clean installed, it is not an upgrade.

Select the various options until you come to a part that asks you to choose the disk and partition. Depending how you already have it set up, you need to either delete what the have there to start with, or create your 3 partitions.

Select the partition you want to install to and off you go. lets say you have a 1tb HDD. you might want to allocate 100 for the english OS and 100 for the spanish. this leave 800 for your data.

Hope this helps...... looking at your post, you've prob found someone to do it for you now :wink:

Good luck.

Remember to backup your DATA! to an external HDD or something, you don't want to lose those pictures of your children or similar :wink: