Join now - be part of our community!

Smartdimmer problem vista 7600GO VGN-FE41S

jamiem1987
Visitor

Smartdimmer problem vista 7600GO VGN-FE41S

hi, ive got a vgn-fe41s laptop with a 7600 go graphics chip, the smartdimmer feature in vista used to work perfectly, but all of a sudden its not brightening the screen once it dims it.

i have the setting to dim the display after 3 minutes of inactivity on battery power, which it does, however when i come back to the computer i have to manuaully adjust the brightness again.

ive spent today trying all variations of drivers and its exactly the same, im wondering if its vaio power management causing the problem, i think this problem might have coincided with installing vista sp1

the older drivers show the time to wait in percentages, whilst the new drivers (174 onwards) display the amount of time to wait in minutes. the old drivers (167 and before) dont seem to dim the display at all now, while the 174s do but they dont return the brightness to the original setting which is quite annoying.

when i use the original sony drivers in the control panel, under advanced power setting, smart dimming it looks corrupt like saying "@nvcplsr.dll Time to wait before dimming the display" and then a random number eg 1998776%, this isnt the case in the latest drivers though, everything is shown correctly, and it dims the display correctly, it just doesnt return the brightness to the original setting. Ive got a feeling service pack 1 for vista has had something to do with this, can anyone confirm they have smart dimming functioning correctly on vista sp1?

0 REPLIES 0