Join now - be part of our community!

sonic stage freezes

thomashouston
Visitor

sonic stage freezes

I have an RX 306 and when I put a cd into the cd drive (G:smileyhappy: and fire up sonic stage the program just hangs. Looking at the task manager the program is not responding. If I cancel and put the cd in the dvd drive (F:smileyhappy: it behaves normally. I only have the pc a week or so and when I first used it both drives worked fine. Any ideas????

3 REPLIES 3
EzDoezIt
Visitor

What happens if you put the CD into the CD drive after you have Sonic Stage open and working?

thomashouston
Visitor

Hi

pretty much the same. Actually I left it hanging for a bit to see if it would spark into life and it did. So I repeated that a few times and I timed it each time, and it takes about 1 min 5 secs for the hour glass to disappear and to kick into life. That time is pretty constant over 3 tries. The F (dvd) drive takes about 7 secs. If I select the windows media player to play the cd that takes about 5 secs to recognise the cd and to start playing it. Any ideas??

EzDoezIt
Visitor

Unfortunately I cannot give a specific solution. :slight_frown:

Check the usual culprits like is DMA enabled on the CD drive etc.
It appears that Sonic Stage is having difficulty getting the CD properties when it is in the CD drive.

Be sure to use Windows Update to update all critical components and anything to do with drives, especially IDE drives.

Also use the Sony updates to update all drivers for all of your devices.