Join now - be part of our community!

SonicStage mastering Studio

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
careyclose
Explorer

SonicStage mastering Studio

I used to have  Sony all in one VGC-V2S which had SonicStage mastering Studio installed, when it went west i bought the SonyVPCJ13, not as well loaded as the old one. I can only see upgrade available for download. Can any one tell me if I can and how to download this program on to my later Sony PC.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi careyclose

Unfortunately, Sony never released an installer version of SSMS which was preinstalled on Vaios up to around 2007.  I think only updates to the preinstalled program are now available.

I guess Windows Media Player now covers this function.

Have a look at free alternatives like AUDACITY which does similar useful things.  Download here: -

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

If you have a particular need, let us know and someone may be able to suggest other alternatives.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi careyclose

Unfortunately, Sony never released an installer version of SSMS which was preinstalled on Vaios up to around 2007.  I think only updates to the preinstalled program are now available.

I guess Windows Media Player now covers this function.

Have a look at free alternatives like AUDACITY which does similar useful things.  Download here: -

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

If you have a particular need, let us know and someone may be able to suggest other alternatives.

profile.country.en_GB.title
careyclose
Explorer

Thanks Blencogo. I haven't checked out Windows Media Player, didn't realise it did recording. I have Audacity loaded but it is not very comprehensive. I liked the way i could remove the scratching on records and edit the track, adjust the levels etc; never mind i will check out WMP. Shame that it always appears they stop producing the good stuff and replace it with mediocre.

Regards and  Merry Christmas