Join now - be part of our community!

Sony F12 Grey line

profile.country.en_GB.title
omaroo
Visitor

Sony F12 Grey line

Hi this has really bothered me for some time, i know im not the only one, most people living in Europe have the same problem as me. Basically when watching any videos or films there is a strip of grey line at the bottom of the screen. I paid so much money for this laptop and this is on there. I have spoke to my solicitors and they have said that Sony have to provide a quality product under the sales of the goods act, which they havent. Now I will send it to Sony to look at, but has anyone with the same problem manage to get this sorted out.

6 REPLIES 6
nikkilim
Visitor

Just to make sure. You only see gray lines when watching videos? Have you tried another player or movie file?

Updating the display drivers might help too. https://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vmware_happy.gif

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

omaroo wrote:

I have spoke to my solicitors and they have said that Sony have to provide a quality product under the sales of the goods act, which they havent.

Before you get into an argument with Sony on this, be aware that the ‘Sale of Goods Act’ applies to the retailer not the manufacturer.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
omaroo
Visitor

I have the grey line when playing games, watching films, when window starts. It is ALWAYS there. This is a defect and many customers have got it. But sony are blatantly ignoring this. Is there no way this can be fixed.

This IS sonys fault, not the retailers and it IS sonys responsibility to fix this issue, i have paid so much money i deserve that right.

Message was edited by: omaroo

Message was edited by: omaroo

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

omaroo wrote:

This IS sonys fault, not the retailers and it IS sonys responsibility to fix this issue, i have paid so much money i deserve that right.

I understand your frustration but regardless of whether Sony is responsible for fixing the problem you cannot site the ‘Sale of Goods Act’ in any litigation against the manufacturer. Your first and only port of call for an alleged defective product should be the retailer.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
omaroo
Visitor

For one the retailer cant do anything as i have had the laptop for over a year. Why are you protecting sony, why u being bias. You go on notebookreviews and EVERYONE in europe who has the F series has same problem as me. It has to be a defect. What can you or Sony do about this. I have extended warranty so what can i do.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

I am not trying to defend Sony nor am I biased; merely pointing out that quoting the Sale of Goods Act at them will not work as the contract of sale is between you and the retailer.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat