Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Firmware Extension Parser will not install for Windows 8.1

TopCat_JL
Explorer

Sony Firmware Extension Parser will not install for Windows 8.1

Hi All,

Since Installing a new OS - (Windows 8.1) and then installing all the drivers listed on the page for my VPCF23C5E (http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VPCF23C5E/updates) I have had a Base System device unknown. (there are no drivers installed for this device)

All forums suggest that this is the RICOH memory card controller and to intsall the Sony Firmware extension parser - I have found this required driver at this link which give a small program that supposedly installs the required drivers? http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/SVD1121Q2EB/downloads/SODFEP-00270203-0082_6599

However it does not matter how many times I run this program it does not seem to update the drivers - Does anybody have the basic drivers or know how to get the drivers out of this program so I can manually install them?

Thanks in advance to any and all who respond :slight_smile:

12 REPLIES 12
thommas1
Explorer

MANY THANKS

worked a treat  i have been looking for this solution forever.....did not want to reinstall nightmare.. this took minutes......now what the heck does that thing do?

thanks again and well done

t

Hello aerowisp /Aris, I own a SVS13125CNB and had same type of issues after installing win 8.1 (clean install) The two unknown devices installed on Intel(R) HM76 Express Chipset LPC Controller - 1E59 Are related to the driver SONY FIRMWARE EXTENSION PARSER AND SONY WIRELESS STATE DEVICE you can get both of these from the support site for your device and follow similar procedure as =mehtjig answered below Another soultion would be use ''Minitool partition wizard'' and see if you can find the default sony recovery partiotion on your hard drive there would an archive in sources folder which will look similar to windows c drive when your laptop was new just get the folder Windows\drivers from that archive ! The above should be followed in case the drivers aren't provided by sony not even for win 7 ----->If you could find the exe files for the above drivers then kindly extract them using universal extractor point the windows device manager to automatically install the drivers from the extracted files ! And done !
Tags (2)
aerowisp
New

Thank you. I will try this and let you know if it works. I have the original partition as well.