xs2ahmed
Visitor

Sony Repairs Strange!

Hi Guys,
I want to make an issue concerning my laptop alive again,
Here is the link to my old posts
http://club.vaio.sony.eu/clubvaio/gb/en/forum/viewthread?thread=40394
http://club.vaio.sony.eu/clubvaio/gb/en/forum/viewthread?thread=40481

First of all let me tell that while posting this message, I am very sad, down and stressed.
You will know why.. as you read below.
almost 22 days ago i came to Spain for my studies. Since i am an erasmus mundus student i had to travel for my studies. So now I am here in spain.
So here i was ready to send my laptop to sony vaio for service,
Just to remind you guys that a few keys of my keyboard were stciky and every thing else was working fine and normal, as mentioned in my previous posts, So i wanted my keyboard to get replaced,
while communicating with sony service which you can see from my previous posts replied me after 10 days or so this is e-service,
I was told that i will pay 143 pounds for its replacement,
anyways I decided to go for replacement.
Ok now, I was told by sony support ppl in spain that my laptop will go in france for repair.
almost 10 days back DHL here in spain collected my laptop,
after somedays I received an email in spanish from sony, I asked my friend to read it for me and It said that they'll replace such and such things and charge me 834 Euros reason given was coke drops....

I was given some bank details along with it to pay for it.

I am pasting some contents from the document below,...

Presupuesto de la reparación
Estimado Señor Ahmed,

A continuación les adjuntamos la lista de precios para la reparación de su portatil con número de série [My serial] (VGN-FE31H CEK):

Descripción Estado
Placa base - con líquido Fuera de Garantía
Teclado - con líquido Fuera de Garantía
Palmrest - con líquido Fuera de Garantía
PC express card - con líquido Fuera de Garantía

El precio total es de: EUR 834.81 incl. IVA, EUR 698.00 sin IVA

Since I had only keyboard problem and every thing else was working, I had no problem with my motherboard, etc so i only wanted to had my keyboard changed

I called them back sony in spain and discussed with them this thing, so they agreed to change my keyboard only, I asked them to send me new estimate a document like what i received earlier,

I never received the new estimate,..
a few days passed .
I called them again, this time one of their representative told me that He has checked my case and according to it my Laptop keyboard is replaced and my Laptop is already in DHL France for shipment, but he said that I cant understand why the laptop is on way to DHL without you having paid money,..
Anyways he said he'll call me tommorow and will inform me the status of the shipment,
I never received the call next day.
So day after that which is today i received call from sony spain asking me for money,
I paid 212.89 Euros by credit card, ...
the very same moment i got the laptop from DHL...
I was happy to get my laptop back untill i opened it,
WHat i could see was

My MMC adapter was apparent to be twisted with a pliers kinda thing, and it had two cracks in it..before i sent my laptop i had not removed it because it was kinda sticky to push and relesae, so i didnt force it.
i will post it photoes here after it was damaged when i received it.

OK this biggest part is that my laptop doesnt turn ON.

So this is what i received from Sony..

I have also paid them 212 Euros for only damaging it..

I am very stressed now..

I dont know what to do, I have called them again and they said they'll pick it up tommorow and see, ....
the guy also said that for such cases mother board is also changed,..

By my point is when I sent my laptop with every thing working fine except the keyboard sticky keys, why should i change my motherboard.. I cant understand..

Please guys help me,
Suggest me something,...
I am nowhere now..
My money is gone, and my laptop even in worst condition than before..

Please help.
Regards,
Ahmed

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_PK.title
xs2ahmed
Visitor

any experts there?

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

The info has been passed on to the right people.

Sad this sort of thing happens.