Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Update

RobMeade
Visitor

Sony Update

Hi all,

I have recently purchased a Sony notebook (AR21S)...

The Sony update reports the updates/patches it needs, however, when I ran the CD/DVD/BlueRay drive firmware update something odd happened in that now, it reports two updates, the one thats been applied, and also the previous one.

The instructions say not to remove any updates from the C:\Updates directory, which I've not done, although I can foresee this getting annoying - why should I have to constantly store MB's worth of useless stuff just because no one invested a bit of a better way of recording what had been applied!

Anyway, back on track...so, it reports that I need two updates, if you try to update it it tells you that there's no need, since when I did apply the first firmware it was the latest newest version (1.5 I think).

Anyone know how you can reset/trick/fool the updates into thinking they've been applied.

I'm guessing its a combination of files in the above directory and perhaps registry entries?

Any help appreciated.

Regards

Rob

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Rob,

I've escalated this to Vaio-Link, hopefully they can offer a solution.. :slight_smile: