Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio and Windows Vista - PROBLEM WITH KEYBOARD KEYS

RobertoFLY
Visitor

Sony Vaio and Windows Vista - PROBLEM WITH KEYBOARD KEYS

Hi ALL,
I have an horrible problem:
about 1 month after installing Windows Vista my Vaio PC notebook started to just Don't write many of character of the Keyboard.
ad example "q" "i" "o" "e" and other..
There as been NO liquid over the PC, and also the Character are not next one to other, so I suppose it is a windows problem.
Can ANYBODY please HELP ME???

Thanks A lot!!
Roberto

roberto.leonardi@nosilence.it

5 REPLIES 5
RobertoFLY
Visitor

Hi ALL,
about 1 month after installing Windows Vista my Vaio PC notebook started to just Don't write many of character of the Keyboard.
There as been NO liquid over the PC, and also the Character are not next one to other, so I suppose it is a windows problem.

Thanks A lot!!
Roberto

RobertoFLY
Visitor

Hi ALL,

Thanks A lot!!
Roberto

Is there Anyone who can Help ME??
thanks alot!

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Roberto and welcome.

I don't think this is a Vista problem or we would have heard from others with the same problem.

It sounds like a hardware fault - either the keyboard has developed a fault or the connecting cable has a poor connection. You may need an engineer to look at it.

Have you tried connecting an external keyboard to see if this is OK or if the same fault occurs? Short term this may at least allow you to use your Vaio.

What model Vaio do you have?
Is it still within the warranty period?
Are there any faults shown in Device Manager?

:thinking:

RobertoFLY
Visitor

Hi Roberto and welcome.

I don't think this is a Vista problem or we would have heard from others with the same problem.

It sounds like a hardware fault - either the keyboard has developed a fault or the connecting cable has a poor connection. You may need an engineer to look at it.

Have you tried connecting an external keyboard to see if this is OK or if the same fault occurs? Short term this may at least allow you to use your Vaio.

VgN Fe21B
yes
No
thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RobertoFLY
Visitor

Hi Roberto and welcome.

VgN Fe21B
yes

No
thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi!
Thanks for your answer,
sorry but last night I was home.. and as I said I have no ways to write except to copy and paste Characters by Internet pages.. so I answered pretty shortly!
Today I bought a Keybord, Tonight I will see if at least that works..
It seems crazy that I have to send my laptop and get it after 2 weeks to get it repaired.
BTW, I will let you know :wink:

Roberto