Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio Control Centre

rstrachan
New

Sony Vaio Control Centre

I have recently refurbished a Sony Vaio VGN FZ21E (2007) running Windows 7. Is the original Sony Vaio Control Centre software still available that would run on this machine? I can't find it via Sony support, and trying another version from elswhere didn't work. I'm keen to have the battery charging limiter function restored, as this has proved invaluable on another make (Samsung)

Also, would the machine handle Windows 10? It has a 2 Ghx processor, only 2 GB of RAM and a 32-bit operating system.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi rstrachan,

The original Utilities Package (for Vista) is still available:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/prd-comp/Preinstalled_Utilities_3290/VGN-FZ21E

This Zip contains the Vaio Control Centre install package but as there are dependencies I suggest that you also install Sony Shared Library and Vaio Event Service. Hopefully the Vista version will install under Win 7.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
rstrachan
New

Unfortunately, I was slow to respond to the answer to my last query as I need time to try out the solution. It appears that if you don't mark a response within 14 days, it marked down as a solution.

Unfortunately, the download did not run under Windows 7. In trying to install the Vaio Control Centre, the message "The current OS version could not support VCC". Some of the other utilties could be loaded, but it was the facility to control the charge limit on the battery I was looking for.

This got me looking through the machine, and although the old utility files were not in a folder called C:\ Utils, they were in a programme folder under "Sony". Trying to run the original Vaio Control Centre brought up a screen but none of the options, buttons or menus were highlighted and could not be used.

I realised that years ago when the operating system was upgraded from Vista to Windows 7, the Utility was no longer compatible and ceased to function. I am assuming that Sony never upgraded this old utility to work in Windows 7. Shame.

So, I was grateful for the response and the link to the download, but readers should note, the problem was NOT resolved.