Join now - be part of our community!

Sony VAIO Control Media won't install-old SONY laptop Windows 10

profile.country.GB.title
Echo1_apollo
Explorer

Sony VAIO Control Media won't install-old SONY laptop Windows 10

Recently brought this laptop off Ebay.  When I installed VAIO Control Media it was a old version, so I instantly uninstalled because I am trying to dim the backlight as its affecting my eye sight. I wear glasses . The option wasn't avaliable on the old version. I am really upset with the service here. its really difficult to contact  the staff unless. you're in America. I have ready reset my laptop the application still won't install. its a old SONY MODEL: SAF15A1C5E 

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Echo1_apollo
Explorer

*****tiest service I have ever used. its a complete joke  how your support system work 

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

This Forum is not Sony Support. It is a forum frequented by users like you who use this Community to share and help each other.

I presume you have a SVF15A1C5E and all the available downloads for your model are on the Support Website here:-

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/laptop-pc-svf-series/svf15a1c5e?downloads-num=92

Without knowing the history of your Vaio, it is difficult to know which downloads you need. If it had been updated (as against being re-installed) the existing drivers and utilities should be retained and work OK with Windows 10. If the Windows 10 has been a clean install, then ALL the latest downloads need installing. I guess that you need at the least, the latest Vaio Control Center and possibly Vaio Care.

If you need to speak to Sony Support, there is a link at the bottom of that support page for your model.

Call us:

+44 (0) 2073652810
Opening hours:
Monday to Friday: 09:00 - 18:00.

profile.country.GB.title
Echo1_apollo
Explorer

Thanks for replying :it doesn't work that's the issue .A message saying a newly installed version ready was avaliable kept poping up. I've tried  it multiple times. I even system restored my laptop . My last resort was using a older VAIO Control Media  which was compatible with my laptop .But the backlighting options aren't avaliable on that version. I even resorted to updating the library still the same outcome the options are missing for backlighting I have no idea on how to proceed.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert
profile.country.GB.title
Echo1_apollo
Explorer

😕 I have tried it but I am having the same issue I can't get the option to appear. The patch for the update on untilities  won't install on my windows 10 .