Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio Duo 13 - Current Issues

jamhall45
Explorer

Sony Vaio Duo 13 - Current Issues

As far as I can tell, there seem to be 3 major issues with the Sony Vaio Duo 13.

WiFi Performance

Many users are reporting this (and I have the same problem).  WiFi performance is quite poor.  Quite often the wifi signal drops to 20%, and is normaly hovering around 60-80 %.  Other devices sat in the same room are showing 100% signal strength.

Pressure Sensitivity

The n-trig digitizer is not reporting the pressure sensitivity range correctly to applications that support the Microsoft Realtime Stylus API.  Applications affected are Artrage Pro, Sketchbook Pro, Manga Studio 5.

As it does not report the pressure range correctly, these apps set a default range of 1024.  The Duo 13 only supports a range of 256, so as a result, the applications treat even the hardest press of the stylus as a quarter of the maximum pressure range.  This is a major issue as apparently pre-release units did not have this issue.  In the US, Artrage is bundles with the Duo 13, and simply does not work.

Vaio Update not recognising hardware

Every time I run Vaio Update, it says :

Dear VAIO Customer,

You have arrived at this page because VAIO Update does not recognize your VAIO.
This may be a temporary problem with the VAIO Update server.

SONY, can these issues be addressed as a matter of urgency as the rather expensive device I have just purchased is unable to be used as its intended purpose.

Thanks

James Hall

11 REPLIES 11
SHumayun
Explorer

This if for the pro 13 but I'd be very surprised if there wasn't one for the duo out too

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/SVP1321C5E/downloads/EP0000306999_8876

ewoksco
Explorer

any one having problems with wifi try unistalling mcafee. Worked for me