Join now - be part of our community!

Sony VAIO Fit 15 E SVF1521A1EW.CEK 15”

lucyrosev
Explorer

Sony VAIO Fit 15 E SVF1521A1EW.CEK 15”

I bought this laptop on Monday and already am infuriated by it. Buying a new laptop is a big thing for someone like me, and I had saved and made my decision on the reviews I found and the fact that Sony, as a brand, is usually reputable.

However, now I have the laptop, and have discovered the ridiculously slow wifi connection (I tested my broadband speed last night and it could even get over 1mg, averaging at 0.6mg! I am on Virgin and tested another computer on the same connection which reached 33mg!!) I have found thousands of comaplints about the Fit 15 E SVF1521A1EW.CEK 15”, regarding the terrible internet speeds it provides. If I had discovered this prior to my buying the laptop, I would definitely have chosen a different laptop.

The first thing I wanted to do on my laptop was back up my iPhone, as I was burgled recently (hence why I had to buy a new laptop as they stole my old one!) But iTunes was running unbelievably slow, it couldn't even get past the first stage of the back up and crashed soon after! Even downloading the apps for windows 8 is so slow, most of them are stuck on installing.

I have scoured the community boards for answers or fixes, and the only things I can find have changed nothing;

"I had the same problem on my Vaio SVF15A1C5E running Windows 8. I went in to Device Manager and changed the setting in the wireless card properties (BCM43142 Advanced) Antenna Diversity to "Main" from "Auto". This has changed the speed from 5.5Mbps to anywhere between 13Mbps - 72Mbps." - Already set to Auto so no change

"But here's an interesting tidbit: when I went looking for the driver version in the windows control panel, I noticed a "Power Management" tab. I turned off the "may turn off" checkbox; also on the "Advanced" tab, I disabled "Minimum Power Consumption". " - Cannot find this on my laptop!

• What is the exact issue?  (please be specific) Slow to none wifi connection
  • What is the Wireless Driver Version installed? BCM43142 Wireless Network Adapter
  • Brand and Model name of access point (Router) Virgin one - don't know exact make!
  • Firmware version of Access Point (Router) ??!
  • Approximate Distance of notebook to the router or access point - Anywhere in house
  • Security type (WEP, WPA, etc) - No idea, where do I find this out?
  • Network type (A,B, G, or N) - No idea, where do I find this out?
  • Freq Type : 2.4Ghz or 5GHz - Both

I am so so disappointed with this performance issue, and if I have not been contacted with a resolution by Monday 25th November, I will be returning the laptop to the store I purchased it in and will buy a different brand.

1 REPLY 1
lucyrosev
Explorer

The email contact form is 'down for maintenance' and I cannot find any other complaint emails!! How am I supposed to contact Sony direct??!!