Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio Fit Touch high-pitched sound, microphone and wifi problem

IndieDani
Explorer

Sony Vaio Fit Touch high-pitched sound, microphone and wifi problem

Hi. I have had my laptop Sony Vaio Fit Touch - model SVF15A1M2ES for a month. It makes high-pitched sound all the time and it comes from the left side of keyboard. It stops only when I touch the screen but only when I use internet browser when I am scrolling pages up and down (by touching). Whenever I stop scrolling it comes again.

Another problem is my microphone. When I use Skype people at the other side hear strong sounds coming from my laptop as the microphone is located at the bottom. (quite atypical) They can hear how the fan is working, the sound of HDD, and when I type something on the keyboard it sounds for them like a herd of horses, when I wipe it lightly it is like I used a sandpaper. Even I can hear my own sound from their computer (not in such loudness) and when they are talking and I am typing at the same time I cannot hear them because the sound is interrupted by my typing. I have updated drivers.

Another big problem is wifi. When I am 3 metres far from the router the signal strenght is diminished and the internet is still dropping... here is the thread: http://community.sony.com/t5/VAIO-Hardware-Networking/VAIO-Fit-slow-wifi/td-p/143697

Thank you for any advice

3 REPLIES 3
davengemma
Explorer

sounds like your microphone is turned up too high , go to settings for it and turn it down a bit , might work its just a suggestion

IndieDani
Explorer

it doesn't work but thanks

I have the exact same problem with the microphone.

Did you found a solution?