Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio FW48E/H loose DVD Lid/door, is this normal?

profile.country.en_GB.title
Gaviscon
Visitor

Sony Vaio FW48E/H loose DVD Lid/door, is this normal?

I have recently purchased the Sony Vaio VGN-FW48E/H and I have noticed that the DVD drive lid (the plastic door on the R/H side with the ejector button) is a bit loose when you touch it? Having always owned Vaio's I didnt expect parts of the body to be loose and feel rattly. Or are my expectations just set too high for Sony? I have been offered a return but didnt want to go through with this if this turns out to be normal? I have also contacted sony support and although they have said this doesnt sound normal and to return it, im still not convinced and wondered if someone with the FW48E/H can confirm if theres is the same? Thanks for anyones help in advance :smileygrin:

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi jordanfrazer and welcome.

I hope you get some replies but in the meantime you can always go into a Sony Centre or PC World or Currys and see what the display models feel like.

:wink:

profile.country.en_GB.title
Gaviscon
Visitor

Thanks for the reply Blencoco, I did try that, but I only have a currys nearby and they dont stock this model in store or online from what I can see. So if there is someone out there with the same model, then I'd appreciate some feedback. Thanks

GDion
Visitor

I have seen two VGN-FW51 and both of them had a loose plastic door in comparison with other sony vaio laptops I have seen. I guess yours' normal and must be that way by design at all VGN-FW series.