Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio laptop - backlight screen dims when mains power removed

Sony Vaio laptop - backlight screen dims when mains power removed

Hey guys, restored my laptop setting today on my Sony Vaio SVE1513M1EW to resolve a battery issue (see pic below). I have been working today with the laptop plugged into the mains power, however when I remove it and work off the battery the light dims instantly. 

Is this an error with the battery or possibly an energy saver? Any advice on how to resolved would be ace!DSC03228.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi RetroWrestling,

Yes this is a power saving option. As you are probably using Windows 8 I can’t give you exact details of how to change the power plan but under Windows 7 open control Panel > Power Options > Change Plan Settings > On Battery > Adjust Plan Brightness – move slider as required. Hopefully Win 8 will be similar.

I have no knowledge of Win 8 but the following may help….

1. Open Control Panel. [Details]
2. Select Hardware and Sound and Power Options.
3. Select your desired power plan.
4. If you want to change the power plan settings, select Change plan settings on the right of your desired power plan in the Power Options window.
By selecting Change advanced power settings, you can change the advanced settings.
Refer to Windows Help and Support for more information on the power plan settings. [Details]

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

Thanks Rich I will try this.

Many thanks,
Chris,