Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio - No wifi after trojan

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
aybsee
Visitor

Sony Vaio - No wifi after trojan

Hello, i have a sony vaio model PCG-61211M which has no wifi at all. This happened after being infected with the "police trojan". This was successfully removed with trojankill, malawarebytes and combofix. I now have no wifi but can connect with ethernet cable. I rely on wifi as i have no internet access at home and have to go online at libraries,friends,etc . Any help would really be appreciated. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi aybsee,

You are quoting the chassis model reference not the product model – you may find that it is a VPCEA2C5E or similar. Have a look either on the screen surround or on a white sticker on the underside of the notebook.

First check that the wireless switch is on and that WLAN is enabled in Vaio Smart Network. Otherwise try downloading and installing the wireless LAN driver from the Support site – you may find that you already have this driver on your hard drive located in C:\Drivers folder.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi aybsee,

You are quoting the chassis model reference not the product model – you may find that it is a VPCEA2C5E or similar. Have a look either on the screen surround or on a white sticker on the underside of the notebook.

First check that the wireless switch is on and that WLAN is enabled in Vaio Smart Network. Otherwise try downloading and installing the wireless LAN driver from the Support site – you may find that you already have this driver on your hard drive located in C:\Drivers folder.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat