Join now - be part of our community!

sony vaio notebook VPCZ12V9R Model

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
saadta
Visitor

sony vaio notebook VPCZ12V9R Model

Dear all ,,,

Could someone help to debug my issue ...

after connecting my laptop with an external screen ,, i got a two vertical lines at the right hand side ...it's also shown on the bios mode .. could some one help plz ?/]

thank you in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Probably not - It was just a long shot.

It is most likely to be a LCD hardware fault so I would phone Vaio Support tomorrow.

Your Vaio must still be within warranty so see what Support suggest.

To contact Vaio Support (you do not want Sony Support): -

Click on SUPPORT at the top of this page and choose ONLINE SUPPORT from the drop-down menu.

On the next screen choose CONTACT US at the bottom of the screen.

On the next screen click on VAIO AND COMPUTING and a window will open asking you to enter your Vaio's Serial Number.

Enter the Serial Number and you will be taken to Vaio Support contact options - Telephone Support is the most reliable!

VAIO-Serial.png

:wink:

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Can you be a bit more precise?

Are these lines showing on the Vaio's screen, on the external screen or both screens?

:thinking:

saadta
Visitor

yes ,,, it's only on Vaio screen ... there no lines on external lines

i tried also to check on bios mode .. it's the same .....

take into consideration that there two internal video card ... one is intel & the other is geforce ...

BR,,,

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Does the fault show in BOTH Speed and Stamina Modes - i.e. with both graphics cards?

If no, then try reinstalling the nVidia/Intel Hybrid Graphics Driver to see if that helps.

If yes, it starts to look like a faulty LCD Panel or connections that may need a repair.  You could try reinstalling the graphics driver and hope it helps.

In the hopeful event that your graphics driver is corrupt, you can download it again from the Support website for your model here: -

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VPCZ12V9E_X/updates

:thinking:

saadta
Visitor

thank you so much for your reply ...

but the vertical lines is also shown on bios mode ... does this help if i un install and re install drivers ...

?

BR,,,

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Probably not - It was just a long shot.

It is most likely to be a LCD hardware fault so I would phone Vaio Support tomorrow.

Your Vaio must still be within warranty so see what Support suggest.

To contact Vaio Support (you do not want Sony Support): -

Click on SUPPORT at the top of this page and choose ONLINE SUPPORT from the drop-down menu.

On the next screen choose CONTACT US at the bottom of the screen.

On the next screen click on VAIO AND COMPUTING and a window will open asking you to enter your Vaio's Serial Number.

Enter the Serial Number and you will be taken to Vaio Support contact options - Telephone Support is the most reliable!

VAIO-Serial.png

:wink: