Join now - be part of our community!

SONY VAIO pcg-61611m turns on but thats about it!

elgeario
New

SONY VAIO pcg-61611m turns on but thats about it!

Trying to do some troubleshooting on a friends Sony Vaio.

The device does power on, either on battery or mains, and the FAN on the CPU does spin up after it has been on for 30 secs or so.

That is however as much activity as i get. I can't hear any goings on in the HDD, there are no beeps from the laptop, and nothing appears on screen.

Not knowing the boot sequance it is hard to troubleshoot much further.

Can someone provide some information or possible solution to this?

It may well be a paperweight but wanted to ask...

4 REPLIES 4
iklazar
New

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi elgeario and welcome.

Can you try to find the actual Vaio model - it will start with something like 'VPCEE...............'

You are quoting the generic chassis style which is shared by many models.

Several things you can try: -

Connect to an external monitor and see if you can see the startup graphics.  The screen or its connection to the main board may be faulty.

Try re-seating the memory modules.

Try removing the power supply and the battery and then hold down the power button for 30 seconds to clear any static.  Re-attach the power and try to boot.

Basically, if you do not see the Vaio Logo Boot Screen it is likely to be one of the above, a faulty graphics chip or a power issue on the motherboard.

:thinking:

then I can't return the computer as was bought .... with the language I want in Italian as it was now I can't and then on the screen I get a white page that I can't see anything though it works .... How do I do?
JackTyler
New

Ok so I have had the same issue with my workmates pc and when fixing I notice the ram was loose so I took it out and put it back in but the slot is still loose and the screen would now and then still turn off so I told him everytime that happens take the ram out and put it back in