Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio PCG-9P9M problem

Sopgie
Visitor

Sony Vaio PCG-9P9M problem

Hi

I was wondering if anyone can offer me any help?

I have a Sony Vaio PCG-9P9M (very old I know!) which is not working very well and instead of binning it, I would rather give it to my boyfriend who hasn't got a laptop and doesn't need a high tech one.

The only problem is that my Sony is feeling a little sick...

2 years ago,I had a big problem with it (probably because of a virus) and couldn't go past a blue page.. So I took the laptop to a place to have it fixed and brought the recovery cd. They gave me back the laptop (without the recovery cd - but I hadn't noticed at first)which was working ok. But I realised later that they hadn't removed the first windows properly and it looks as though I have 2 windows on my laptop taking a lot of my hard disk space.

I would like to wipe everything and start from scratch again. How should I do that? What restore disk do I need?

Many thanks in advance for helping!

Cheers
sophie

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Sophie,

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

I think your PCG-9P9M (chassis number) is a PCG-K115M.. :thinking:

you should be able to order a set of recovery disc's for your Vaio via Sony Vaio support,to find the contact details..

Open Vaio support, either by clicking Support at the top of this page or use the following link:Vaio support

Under Log-in option 2: Select your VAIO model, next to Select Model Category - Select your model from the drop down list, in your case PCG-K.

Then next to Select Model - select PCG-K115M

Then click Log-In

Once logged select Get In Touch

Sopgie
Visitor

Hi

Thanks for the reply! I will try that. I'm not sure my laptop is a PCG-K115M though...

Anyway, thanks again.

sophie

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Thanks for the reply! I will try that. I'm not sure my laptop is a PCG-K115M though...  

Not to worry, Vaio support will be able to identify your Vaio model by the serial number.. :wink:

Or if you wish you can check your vaio model yourself by logging on to the vaio support site http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/index.aspx?m=0&l=en_GB using your serial number.. :wink: