Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio Pro 13 - Screen protector altering colours ?

BlueTrin
Explorer

Sony Vaio Pro 13 - Screen protector altering colours ?

I received a SVP 13, when I started it I noticed that I could see the colours making the white, literally the white would not look really white.

Is that due to the screen protector ? 

If I remove the screen protector will I be able to put it back ?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.nl_BE.title
bluechampagnegl4ss
New

Hi,

First of all: I don't know how old this question is, so excuse me if I respond way too late.

I have a SVP13 with screen protector as well. It's a normal thing that it 'darkens' and blurs the screen a little. Just look at where your webcam is placed (where there's an incision in the protector) and the color of the bezel around that (with the screen protector), that's how much the protector blocks light.

I don't believe you can will be able to put the screen protector back on appropriately after you removed it. These things are meant to be only applied once. After removal you could try to find a new one of decent quality. However it's not easy to apply these things, you'll need a steady hand or have a professional help you 😃

I myself have been contemplating of removing it. Choosing a screen protector is a compromise to make: sacrificing a little radiance and brightness for a display that doesn't suffer from excess lightsources.

If you happen to have removed yours already, may I ask what your experiences are? I've heard the 'naked' SVP display is very glossy, but I wonder how accurate the color reproduction is, how much dust it collects,...All in all, are you satisfied with your decision in that case and have you had much trouble removing it?