Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio Pro painfully slow WIFI

grcvaiopro
Explorer

Sony Vaio Pro painfully slow WIFI

Ive just purchased a Vaio Pro 13.  Fantastic so far in all respects with the exeption of the WIFI connection.  I currently have 60MBPS internet coming into the house as verified by my old laptop, my tablet, my mates laptop etc..  But when I connect the Vaio Pro the best it achieves is 1.5MBPS even while sat within a few feet of the BT Router.

Does anyone else have experience of this?.  Is it a technology issue or do I have to change a setting somewhere?.

I have already update the intel pro set wirless device via the Sony Vaio care centre.

13 REPLIES 13
rooster12
Explorer

It looks like the latest Vaio care update has fixed the internet driver issue!! 

The update was called VAIO Control Center Updater.

I'm back upto speed on wireless and ethernet.

Fingers crossed this fix lasts.

Should not have taken 2 months + 

grcvaiopro
Explorer

The Intel site appears to have a later update for the wireless chipset.  It certainly seems to be a more intensive update than the Sony update centre.

Im getting good wifi speeds now too.  But Ive recently discovered a new problem.

When logging in or resume from sleep the laptop wont pick up the wifi connection unless I reconnect manually.  And sometimes it even disables the driver and then fixes it.  Really wierd!!  Im thinking of taking it to a Sony centre and seeing if they can find out why the wifi connection is not so straight forward on my model.

nish_018
New

My WIFI issue seems to be finally fixed after 3 months of wanting to throw my machine out of the nearest window.

I spent 8 hours the other day installing all the Vaio Care, Wireless intel and Wireless Lan updates (ironically took 8 hours as the WIFI kept dropping off as usual).  This time the updates seem to have fixed the issue and my WIFI has been running fine for 2 days now.

My beautiful, expensive USELESS machine is now USEFUL and I can finally enjoy using it.  I have been able to do work as well as stream.  Will keep you updated if anything goes wrong - fingers crossed it doesn't :slight_smile:     

Tags (1)

Is there a definitive solution to this?

I'm having problems on my new Vaio Pro 13 (SVP1321C5E), which after carefully updating using vaio update, then windows update, is running windows 8.1 with all the latest updates. Any set of drivers I use still has issues, either with speed, or reliability. Laptop is sat next to the router, and tests done in parallel with an old Acer laptop.

What is the issue exactly? Is there a set of drivers that definitely works for a windows 8.1 set up?