Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio software downloads not working property

profile.country.en_GB.title
LAWATT71
Visitor

Sony Vaio software downloads not working property

My sony vaio software doesn't seem to download property.  Having major problems when I switch on as the windows installer keeps trying to run and if I cancel it, it comes back up again.  Have tried downloading various sony vaio programs to try to fix this but none of them install, always tells be there's an error.  Also, because of this when I try to download any other software - eg for my nokia lumia phone - these downloads stop and tell me they can't finish installing because theres a download already installing and I should wait for this to finish.  Of course it never finished downloading/installing so I'm stuck.  Any ideas/fixes?

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi LAWATT71 and welcome.

Can you give us a bit more information please?

Which Vaio Model?

Version of Windows installed?  Is this the original operating system?

How Old - is it still within warranty?

Which Anti-Virus Security program do you have installed?

:thinking:

cadfirm
New

Hi

I have a Sony laptop model PCG-71211M from 2011, which I delete everything on it by mistake. Now everything is gone and I have missed all Vaio software. Nothing works no Touch Pad, no “Fn” button and so on. I have now installed an original Win 7 and Anti Virus AVG free 2015 on it, but I need Vaio Software.

Is there any possibility to guide me how and where to download or get a CD/DVD with the Software?

Regards

Bahman Yaghmaie

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Bahman,

You are using an incorrect model name - PCG-71211M is a chassis reference which can be common to several models. The correct model name will be something similar to VPCEB3A4E – have a look for a sticker on the underside of the notebook or in the BIOS for the correct reference.

Assuming you didn’t create recovery media you could try pressing the Assist button when fully shut down (in the hope that you have not deleted the recovery partition) to return the notebook to factory settings.

If this has no effect then two options available to you are:

1) Download and install all drivers and utilities from the support site (generally speaking software programs are not available for download. If it is a VPCEB3A4E then you will find all available downloads at the following location. If a different model then click the support tab at the top of this page and enter the model name.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VPCEB3A4E

2) Purchase a set of recovery media from Sony that will return your notebook to factory settings which will include all preinstalled software, drivers, utilities and recovery partition. To order this media you will have to call the out of warranty premium telephone number (from the UK the number is 0905 0310006) – have your product number and serial number to hand. Cost is approx. £50.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

Hi users, last week 10th Nov 2014 a Vaio update failed. Not only did it fail but it also removed some of my drivers so now i am unable to use any vaio help or restore or connect to sony. I have no idea how to reinstate these programs. To make things worse the Microsoft update did the same thing and this has cost me £100 to sort out as it removed my security and allowed bad stuff in.

I am a security conscious guy and this has never happened to me in over 12 years of surfing. For it to happen outside of my control is really bad, my old Xp driven Presario never had these problems as all the programs were stand alone.

This is not progress. I do not like cloud systems or "The Community" it reeks of over control.

Anybody know how I can reinstate the vaio system from outside.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi earthwormjim1,

All original drivers and utilities are available for manual download from the Support site. Click the support tab at the top of this page and enter your model name. If you are unsure of the correct model reference check this in Vaio Control Center, if it is working, or look in the BIOS.

There is also a possibility that you will be able to restore these drivers from Vaio Recovery Center > Reinstall Programs or Drivers,if this is working.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat