Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio SVE1511C5E/SVE151C11M function keys not working

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
jallum1993
Visitor

Sony Vaio SVE1511C5E/SVE151C11M function keys not working

Hi,

I have a brand new laptop from sony, its product name is SVE1511C5E, and its model number is SVE151C11M.

The function keys are not working on it, such as the volume control buttons. Sony havent been very helpful with this, and its a brand new computer, Any ideas on what to do?

Regards

Jack

23 REPLIES 23
al081079
Visitor

Hi Rich,

Sorry for not getting back to you straight away my internet crashed :smileysad:,I've tried all your solutions but still cant get the cd drive to work.

Thanks ,

Alan

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Alan,
As I assume you installed Win 7 using the CD/DVD drive it was obviously working at that time and as it is not now recognising the same disk at boot it would seem to be a hardware failure.
Drives are cheap enough but if you do decide on a replacement consider buying the same make, if not model, as otherwise fitting the bezel may prove difficult.
Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
al081079
Visitor

Hi Rich ,

Thank you for all your advice and help with my vaio ,i will be buying a new cd drive soon to fix the problem.

Thanks again,

Alan

i_am_sanguine
Visitor

Hi,

To make Function Keys back to working, the solution is very simple n straight forward..

Follow the below mentioned steps:

1. Open command prompt and type - 'services.msc' and click enter.[without quotes]

2. Find 'Vaio Event Service' on the list... right click on this and go to properties.

3. Select the 'Startup type' as 'Automatic'.. apply the the changes and save them.

4. Select 'Vaio Event Service' and again right click on it and click on 'Start'.

5. The problem is now resolved.

Let me know if problem still persists.. but the chances are very slim of that 🙂

happy hunting..

Himanshu

Message was edited by: i_am_sanguine