Join now - be part of our community!

Sony VAIO SVF1531C5E - BCM43142 Wireless Network Adapter issue

profile.country.GB.title
abielby
Explorer

Sony VAIO SVF1531C5E - BCM43142 Wireless Network Adapter issue

Hi All,

I'm still having issues with the BCM43142 Wireless Network Adapter that came shipped with my Sony VAIO SVF1531C5E Laptop.

After carry out different fixes advised by Sony Support including installing the latest Driver 6.30.223.201, the problem is still there and the WI-FI still drops out more than it should, especially for a top end Laptop.

The internet is a wash with stories of issues with the BCM43142 Wireless Network Adapter on Sony and other laptop manufactures.

Has anyone with this  BCM43142 Wireless Network Adapter managed to find a success story/Fix that results in the WI-FI being stable or is this BCM43142 Wireless Network Adapter a lost cause?

Thanks All...

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
takrzem

Although I had not experienced huge issues myself I spotted that speeds I'm having are far from what I get on other devices.

So I dug around - plenty of literature indeed - and eventually decided to swap it with Intel 7260 card - which I highly recommend.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00N7474CS

Tutorial here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5Mwsg5CWrA

I've done it myself merely two weeks ago. 20 mins job, no need to faff with any mods, just straight swap plus driver install afterwards. Works as a dream. Best £17 spent in the last year or so IMHO.

profile.country.GB.title
abielby
Explorer

Thanks for the reply.

I'd come across the Intel 7260 recently, can you confirm you also have the Sony VAIO SVF1531C5E as I've heard certain Sony VAIO Laptops are only programmed to take certain wireless cards so wanted to make sure you had the same one so I knew the Intel 7260 would work/be compatible?

Thanks.

takrzem

Hey,

Mine is SVF15A1C5ER (which is SVF15A1C5E in red :smileywink:).

Most likely nearly the same version but with different spec / for different market.

Your call.