Join now - be part of our community!

Sony VAIO SVL2413M1E, the Remote Commander supports MCE?

Sony VAIO SVL2413M1E, the Remote Commander supports MCE?

Hello to all,

I'm interested to buy this beautifull AllInOne PC but I've a thing I don't understand well: the Remote works on the PC part or only on the TV part? I cannot see the green Windows key not any PC key as Enter, Cancel and so on... :cry:

In the manuals that I've found the remote is not mentioned for the PC usage, so I fear I've understood correct, but I hope not...

If it is in this way, it is a choiche that I really cannot understand this PC could be the ideal to be a HTPC, it has HDMI out too so I could connect it to my Sony 46 LCD... but I've a remote that cannot command MCE?

At least the IR sensor is seen by Windows in some way? If I buy another MCR remote is recongnized or I've to use an ughly external IR base? It is connected on other models that have no tuner part or in those is only a "hole" in the chassis?

I've seen that previous models as, for example the VCPL23 series had a proper MCE remote and in the user manual was clearly stated that it could have been used for the TV and PC part (MCE and other sotwares), now it is no more in this way? A big step back IMHO :angry:

Thanks for your responses,

fano.

0 REPLIES 0