Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio VGC-JS1E/S Start Up Problems

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
comccal70
Visitor

Sony Vaio VGC-JS1E/S Start Up Problems

I was half way through editing a movie for a local competition in Glasgow when the computer suddenly shutdown and have been unable to get it to restart. When I plug the jack into the power port and depress the on button I get the start up sound but no light appears to indicate it is on. Regards

Colin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Colin,

This is a possibility but you will need to confirm this with a competent repairer.

I have used the following company for a similar problem with good result. Cost approx. £120.

http://export.tv/r/19859/ACi-Ltd-Laptop-Motherboard-Repairs/index.html

Or you could contact one of the Sony Service Partners via the Support tab at the top of this page.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

This is a long shot Colin but remove the power supply and then hold down the power button for 30 seconds. Re-connect the AC adaptor and try booting the computer.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
comccal70
Visitor

Hi Rich, Thanks for your reply. Tried out your suggestion but unfortunately the damn thing decided not to comply. Maybe a bit more serious than I originally thought. I was trawling through the net an read that the problem may have something to do with a faulty power jack socket. Is that a possibility.

Cheers

Colin

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Colin,

This is a possibility but you will need to confirm this with a competent repairer.

I have used the following company for a similar problem with good result. Cost approx. £120.

http://export.tv/r/19859/ACi-Ltd-Laptop-Motherboard-Repairs/index.html

Or you could contact one of the Sony Service Partners via the Support tab at the top of this page.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
comccal70
Visitor

Hi,

Thanks for your reply,..and yes it was a motherboard problem and took it into a local repairer. Cost me a bit more than a 120 and discovered the HD was fried. No luck, eh! But thanks all the same.

Colin

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

You're welcome Colin and pleased to hear that it is now fixed.:smileyhappy:

If you could mark your thread as solved it would be appreciated.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat