Join now - be part of our community!

sony vaio VGN-BX297XP

profile.country.en_GB.title
zebbidy
Visitor

sony vaio VGN-BX297XP

hi there everyone, im having problems installing drivers onto this laptop for some reason, i have tried emailing sony support but have not herd back from them yet (been 2 weeks)

i went into the drivers page for the laptop i am using (VGN-BX297XP) and downloaded the driver packs for win 7 but when i try to install the wireless drivers i get an error message saying that there is no device on my laptop.

here is a screen shot of the drivers im missing.....

prntscreen3.png

laptop = sony vaio VGN-BX297xp

OS = win 7 ultimate 32bit

HDD = samsung 830 256gb SSD (going to install another hdd soon once i get the drivers to run properly)

im unsure whether to download the drivers from the win xp section of the downloads or if im doing something wrong whilst trying to install the drivers for win 7. any help will be much appreciated.

thanks

P.S  here is a screen shots of the error i recieve

prntscreen.png

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi zzebbidy,

It would seem that you are trying to install the updated Windows XP Wireless driver  driver (SOAOTH-00977103-UN.exe) - this will not install.

Generally speaking if there are no Windows 7 drivers available you should try the Vista drivers. Unfortunately there is no Wireless LAN driver available for Vista or Win 7 on the support site so you will need to try the manufacurers support.

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/highlights/wireless/pro3945abg

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
zebbidy
Visitor

hi there rich thanks for the help but im having another problem with the driver from your link as this is what im getting

wtf.png

so does this mean that i can not get wireless for win 7? i am dissapointed with sony because of this :slight_frown:

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi zebbidy,

I think your model has the Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection. If so try this link.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?ProductID=2259&DwnldID=21560〈=eng&iid=dc_rss

The blurb beneath the download section on that page is a tad confusing...

“The driver version of the following products will not update. The Intel PROSet/Wireless WiFi Software version will be updated.

Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection
Intel® Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN
Intel® WiFi/WiMAX Link 5350
Intel® WiFi Link 5100 AGN
Intel® WiFi Link 5300 AGN”

....but reading from the following link it would seem that the driver installs automatically with Windows 7 but you also need the software for it to function.

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-030472.htm

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
zebbidy
Visitor

you are a true star, thank you very much for the help im geting from you, will try this when i get home from work

zebbidy
Visitor

unfortunatly i have had to revert back to win xp as the lack of support for win 7 is very dissapointing, and the drivers you posted rich912 did not work either :slight_frown: but thanks for trying to help me you are a star

ShashawBlack
Visitor

If you are unable to locate all the missing drivers then simply visit the manufacturer website and search for drivers. Or simply search you System Model and see what devices you have in your system that require drivers.

Download and install the drivers.

If you are a non-technical user then an easy solution is to use a online driver scanning tool. The tool will serach for all the missing and outdated drivers online and will show a list of recommended updated drivers.