Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio VGN-FS215E Recovery Problems

profile.country.en_GB.title
lbutler8
Visitor

Sony Vaio VGN-FS215E Recovery Problems

I have a Vaio VGN-FS215E that is about 6 years old.

Last year i somehow deleted the Recovery Partition on the harddrive which means i can no longer Restore my laptop to factory settings.

I have been away for a year and left my laptop to a family member who for some reason installed  Windows 7 from a torrent.

This has completed screwed up my computer and i want to restore it back to XP, but like i say, there is no recovery partition left which means the XP edition that came with the computer has been deleted. There is also no Vaio software left.

Can anyone help?  IWhere can i get all the programs that came with the laptop when purchased?

Many thanks

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi lbutler8,

To recover your notebook back to factory settings including all drivers, utilities and pre-installed software you will need a set of recovery media specific to your model.

If you failed to create the recovery disks you can order these by contacting Support on the out of warranty telephone number (0905 0310006 Fixed: 0.35£/min) - there is of course a charge...

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
lbutler8
Visitor

How much is the charge though?

I dont see why i should have to pay for recovery disks.....i have already paid for them when i bought the laptop, its just sony thought it would be a good idea to not provide the actual disks!

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi lbutler,

I am unsure of the exact cost of the recovery disks but believe it is in the region of £50.

Presumably when the computer was new you were prompted to create your recovery media – usually on more than one occasion?

Most manufactures have not supplied recovery disks for some years and, as far as I am aware, make a charge for replacement media. This in no way means that I agree with the system...

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
lbutler8
Visitor

you know of how i can contact sony regarding this?

They provide no email adress

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Your only option is the out of warranty number I provided in my initial reply.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat