Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio VGN-FW11S wireless button not working

profile.country.GB.title
urslaan
New

Sony Vaio VGN-FW11S wireless button not working

On my laptop when i switch the button on the light doesn't appear. On the Vaio smart network the WLAN light is on. When i click on diagnose and repair it says turn on the wireless capabilty button which is off however i have turned it on but the light is not showing. Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi urslaan,

This is a strange problem as under normal circumstance if the wireless switch is off (i.e. WiFi dissabled) then the green light against WLAN in Vaio Smart Network is also off.

In Device Manager, under Network Adaptors, is the WiFi adaptor (properties) reported as working correctly?

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
urslaan
New

Yes, it says that this device is working properly. Also in the Vaio smart network the WLAN light is on however on the actual laptop it doesn't light up.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi urslaan,

I must admit that I am stumped on this. I can only suggest that you try re-installing the wireless driver but I somehow doubt that it will make any difference.

Does the WLAN indicator light in Vaio Smart Network go off if you physically turn off the wireless switch?

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
urslaan
New

Now it is working. I just reinstalled the driver and it is now working. However on the vaio smart network the WLAN light is not on but internet is still working. Is that a problem?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi urslaan,

Good to hear that reinstalling the driver resolved the Issue.

Windows OS will control the wireless function at boot until and if Vaio Smart Network takes over. Are you able to turn the wireless function on in Vaio Smart Network? If not and you require this function then you may need to reinstall the application. You can do this using Vaio Recovery Center > Reinstall Programs and Drivers.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat