Join now - be part of our community!

sony vaio vgn - nr38s restore problems

vickydavison
Visitor

sony vaio vgn - nr38s restore problems

Hi I’ve have my Sony vaio for aprox 10months now still in warranty but Sony technical still haven’t came up with a working solution after a week and 5 phone calls have to now wait for the problem to go back to the technical team which could be another 48hours.

I access the vaio recovery program and asked to do a complete restore it got to about 17% and froze giving the error 305:64.

Sony told me to do a full wipe and erase and try again still only got to 17% with the same error.

Then told me to do restore c: that says hard drive to small or not enough space available even thou it is 225 GB and says 224 GB free

I get the same problems using both the recovery cd's and the recovery partion preinstalled.

Any one got any ideas i can try.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi vickydavison and welcome to Club Vaio.

Error 305.64 means faulty Recovery Discs or a faulty Recovery partition if using F10 recovery.

Recovery Centre Error Codes

It sounds like the original Recovery Partition may be faulty and you may need to wait for Vaio-Link Support to get back to you.

Just to check - you have tried running the recovery direct from the hard disc by: -
1. Resetting the BIOS Defaults
2. Accessing the Vaio Recovery Centre by tapping F10 during the boot sequence?

It is not clear that you have tried this method.

:thinking:

vickydavison
Visitor

Hi thanks for your reply yes ive done all of this on a few occations now as its all that support center have come up with.

Thanks though hopefull i will get a better result from the call this afternoon.

Tow3r
Visitor

I have exactly the same issue as above.

The only difference is that I have a NGV-NW11S.

I've tried everything, restoring C, restore to factory defaults from both the restore discs and via F10. I get the same errors as above. No scratches or dust on my recovery discs, I used them a couple of months ago and had no errors, put them right back into the cd case i have for them so I doubt there is a problem with the CD's themselves.

Does anyone know what I can do?

Tow3r
Visitor

I have just tried to reset BIOS and I'm still having issues!

I have also tried to restore from my restore discs using an external DVD drive and no luck there!

I've sold my laptop and have promised to give it restored to factory tonight but I can't get the damn thing working ahhhh!

Please, can anyone help!!