Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio VGN-SZ72MN/B on Windows 7 - Keyboard Functions Help!

mwatkins7
Visitor

Sony Vaio VGN-SZ72MN/B on Windows 7 - Keyboard Functions Help!

I have just installed windows 7 onto my Sony Vaio laptop and everything is working fine except for the function buttons on the keyboard. I have the functions of Mute, Sound up/down and brightness up/down. These functions i use consistantly and it is annoying how they aren't working at the moment, especially at night as it really hurts my eyes. The only one that seems to be working is the Mute, but it isn't giving me any comfirmation on the screen - it's just doing it. The sound/brightness functions aren't working at all.

I've had a look around the vaio website for drivers for these, but i couldn't find any drivers for the keyboard functions. I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice on how to get these to work. Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
qBot
Visitor

I've got the same problem on my SZ3XRP/C plus the touch pad scroll functions aren't working and GeForce Go 7400 is not recognized by the system at all 😞 So I have to work on the Intel Video chip is STAMINA mode which is rather dissappointing.

As for the "Fn + ... keys" (brightness, volume, etc.) I think it's the see "VAIO Event Service" that is responsible for monitoring and execution (it's accessed via the support page). But in my case installing id didn't help at all 😞

Sony says they will "first" support new notebooks (bought on 26th of June and later this year), but all you can do for now is just get a pre-order or something. No official Sony VAIO drivers for Windows 7 will be available until 22th of October (official Win7 release date). You can search your local support site for some info about Windows 7 (don't think it's reasonable to give you the link to a russian page). :smileygrin: