Join now - be part of our community!

Sony VAIO VPC F11M1E Laptop Recovery Disks ( 3 )

profile.country.GB.title
jomacapdb1
New

Sony VAIO VPC F11M1E Laptop Recovery Disks ( 3 )

Does anybody happen to still own and use a Sony VAIO VPC F11M1E laptop?

In 2010, I purchased this laptop from a Sony Centre here in the UK ( city of Lincoln ). I have had many years of successful usage from this laptop. But recently, I needed to carry out a complete recovery of the operating system ( Windows 7 ) and pre-installed Microsoft and Sony VAIO programs from the 3 recovery disks I had produced just after the purchase of the laptop. When I attempted the recovery process starting with recovery disk 1, the recovery failed part the way through this disk. It looks as though recovery disk 1 has somehow become corrupt. So, I now have a laptop which cannot be used, and a recovery disk 1 that fails during the recovery process.

I have attempted to obtain 3 more recovery disks from, for example, Sony Corporation, various web sites on the Internet and VAIO Corporation ( Japan ). So far, I have been unable to obtain these disks anywhere.

If anybody in the Sony Community, and particularly those members who still own this Sony VAIO laptop, can help me in any way, I would be most pleased to here from them.

Here is hoping for some good news.

John ( jomacapdb1 )

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

They were once available on Sony's partner site for parts, now not anymore.

Have you deleted the Recovery Partition over the years? If you have not done so and it is not corrupted, you can press the ASSIST button with the Computer off and the recovery procedure will start.

Once restored, you may want to create other recovery discs.

profile.country.GB.title
jomacapdb1
New

Hello Marino.Manalo,

Good of you to reply to my interest in obtaining the 3 recovery disks for my Sony VAIO VPC F11M1E laptop.

In 2015, I upgraded the Windows 7 operating system to Windows 10. The operation not only upgraded the operating system, but it also removed/overwrote any VAIO software. Therefore, it inevitably removed/overwrote the recovery partition. When I now press the Assist button, I immediately get the Windows 10 desktop.

Anyway, thank you for your response.

John

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

You will have your reasons for wanting a restore to Windows 7 and Sony software but I would not see the need, you can possibly restore Windows 10.
Unfortunately, finding what you are looking for today is practically impossible.
Are you sure you need to restore the VAIO to the original OS and the programs that were installed?

profile.country.GB.title
jomacapdb1
New

The main reason for wanting to recover the original factory settings for Windows 7 and the VAIO software, was that I wanted to be able to use a VAIO program for video editing that is no longer available. The program was Picture Movie Browser ( PMB ). This program enabled me to connect my Sony DCR PC350E video camera using Mini DV tapes to the laptop via an i-Link S400 cable. I was then able to edit the video clips on the tape and produce DVDs.

However, when Sony discontinued PMB, they then introduced another video editing program called Play Movies Home. This program is similar to PMB in many ways, but has more features. It runs on Windows 10. As I have mentioned before, I now have Windows 10 on the laptop ; I also have the Play Movies Home program installed on the laptop. I can now use this program to import video clips using a USB cable between the video camera and the laptop.

So, in a way, as you have said, I do not now really need the original factory settings ( Windows 7 and VAIO software ) on the laptop. It is really not that surprising that these recovery disks are not produced by anybody nowadays. The laptop was purchased in 2010 which, for the high technology business, is ages ago.

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

To acquire you can use the WinDV program, the FireWire you have, then you just have to find a Software that still manages the DV Codec.

WinDV

http://windv.mourek.cz/

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey jomacapdb1, since Sony sold the brand they no longer support the software, my recommendation is to try to send it for a service centre they might be able to help. But not guaranteed.

profile.country.GB.title
StephenCBanks
Explorer

Nice post, thank you so much