Join now - be part of our community!

SONY VAIO VPCF1 SCREEN UPGRADE FROM WXGA++ TO FHD HELP!!!!

profile.country.GB.title
beq020
New

SONY VAIO VPCF1 SCREEN UPGRADE FROM WXGA++ TO FHD HELP!!!!

Hello there, 

all kind greeting to you guys.

I have my old but loved vaio, it is VPCF1M0E with 1600x900 resolution screen, which was cracked and i decided to buy new screen. it is I7-740qm, nvidia 425m gpu. i have seen exact same setup laptop with full hd screen and as I`ve always wanted to have fhd screen on this particular laptop i decided to upgrade it. i thought it would have been plug and play but, no :slight_smile: 

I bought used complete full hd screen with all the cables and ccfl inverter in it but as it turned out my screen had single ccfl inverter and this came with dual. despite of having socket for dual channel on my motherboard, when i plugged everything in,  screen turns on but no image. (no dead pixels as well)

so as i guess there is no current flowing through second (white) socket and screen is lacking backlight, as it is fhd.

is there any software issue? because when i started up laptop and connected to tv it only recognizes 1600x900 yet new screen should be 1080p

i was wondering if anyone could help, any thoughts i would really appreciate. 

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi there,

Welcome to the forum. Can you let us know the full model number of your computer? You can find this out here.

Best wishes,

Ed