Join now - be part of our community!

Sony VGN FE31H Window vista upgade

dangtuongly
Visitor

Sony VGN FE31H Window vista upgade

Hi all,

My XP notebook is Vista capable and I have a free Vista upgrade. Could someone tell me how and where do I go about getting my notebook upgraded to Vista? :slight_frown: :smileythinking:

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance :hugging:

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi dangtuongly,

I'm afraid you have missed the boat!! The free Vista upgrades had to be claimed before 31 March 2007.

I'm not sure that you have missed much.

:slight_frown:

dangtuongly
Visitor

thanks Blencogo,

Does this mean I have to pay Microsoft if I wanted to upgrade? this sucks!!

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Unfortunately yes. Microsoft allowed these free upgrades only on the condition that they were all upgraded by 31 March 2007.

You will need to buy a retail version of Vista and install it. You will also need to download the Vista Drivers and Utilities and install those as well. There are plenty of hints in this thread: -

http://club.vaio.sony.co.uk/clubvaio/GB/en/forum/viewthread?thread=40292

:wink:

kribby
Visitor

I paid the £18 for the free vista upgrade in feb 07 but have not yet installed it, did it have to be installed by march or applied for by march. I dont know how to install it.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi kribby,

I'm not aware of any date restrictions for installing the Vista Express upgrade..

I believe there was an instruction booklet supplied with your disc(s) detailing the install procedure.. :thinking:

rob_bw
Visitor

the vaio "express upgrade" kit discs are just more vaio recovery discs for windows vista. They were definitely worth getting as they included Photoshop elements 5, acrobat 8 and the new elements premier too.

The other plus side is that you kind of have more control over what you can install (i.e. you don't have to install that sonic stage rubbish and MS office trial).

The bad news is that you now have Vista installed...

dangtuongly
Visitor

Heard there are lots of problems for Vaio Notebook upgrade to Vista hence the reason for delay. If I have to pay for vista then better wait a bit longer till all the problems are resolved. what do you think?