Join now - be part of our community!

Sony VGN-FW11E Help Please - Newbie

profile.country.en_GB.title
matrusse50
Visitor

Sony VGN-FW11E Help Please - Newbie

Hi Everyone,

Just got my Sony VGN-FW11E delivered today and i must say WOW, i love it. I always used and bought Acer laptops but never again would i go for an Acer, Sony much better build quality, more stylish, sleek and fantastic hardware.

Anyway.....

I was delighted to find loads of software on the laptop which i was going to buy which has now saved me a fortune. Sadly there is some things like McAfee, Office etc that i had to uninstall because i did not want them.

Is there a way i can install Vista and choose what software etc i want to install? , I just do not fancy having to uninstall stuff everytime i use recovery discs.

My only downfall is that i wish Sony put it all disc so users can choose what to and not install.

Also i am going to buy the sony +2 year extended warranty direct from Sony in the near future and wanted to know have i got to buy the warranty within a certain timescale after me purchasing the laptop?

Thank you,
Mathew

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Mathew and welcome to Club Vaio.

Unfortunately with Vista Vaios in Europe it is all or nothing. There are options in the US to choose what you want to install but in Europe this is not yet possible.

The only requirement for purchasing a 2 year extended warranty is that you are still within the original warranty period when you buy. You cannot buy an extended warranty after the original warranty has expired.

I hope you enjoy your new Vaio.

:slight_smile:

profile.country.en_GB.title
matrusse50
Visitor

Ok,

Thanks for your reply.

ClaireRiley
Visitor

Hi matthew

Sorry this isnt in response to your post specifically but you ahve bought the same laptop as me. I can just warn you ive just changed the settings on my wireless router without removing the firewall (the instructions didnt say to do this, obviously I should have just known!) and my laptop has lost its ip address. Now I cant connect to anything!! And am waiting for sony to get abck to me with the ip address for said laptop.

Claire