Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Viao - the Keys are typing incorrectly and including additional unwanted characters.

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
lismarch
Visitor

Sony Viao - the Keys are typing incorrectly and including additional unwanted characters.

I have a Sony Viao laptop - model PCG 61611M

When I type it includes extra characters, so for example what I have just typed appears as…..hwhwenz I ty2pe it inzcludeks extra chwaracterks, kso for example hwhwat I hwave jukst ty2ped hwould appear likes.

Can anyone advise , or help me to fix this please?

Any help would be much appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi lismarch,

It would seem that you have a keyboard malfunction or cabling problem and unless you feel competent to disassemble the machine to check cable connections it will be necessary to contact a repairer.

If you have access to a USB keyboard trying this should confirm or otherwise.

If a new keyboard is required you will need to locate the correct product number as PCG 61611M is a chassis reference. You should find the product model on the screen surround or possibly on a white sticker on the underside of the notebook – it may start with VGN-

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi lismarch,

It would seem that you have a keyboard malfunction or cabling problem and unless you feel competent to disassemble the machine to check cable connections it will be necessary to contact a repairer.

If you have access to a USB keyboard trying this should confirm or otherwise.

If a new keyboard is required you will need to locate the correct product number as PCG 61611M is a chassis reference. You should find the product model on the screen surround or possibly on a white sticker on the underside of the notebook – it may start with VGN-

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat