Join now - be part of our community!

SONY, we need info about drivers and soft after upgrading to Vista

douidou
Visitor

SONY, we need info about drivers and soft after upgrading to Vista

Why is Sony not giving any information about issues with Vista on our notebooks ? Why is there no place (a special forum?) to tell us what to do or what to expect ?

I have installed Vista home premium on my Vaio VGN FE11M and have several problems, even if the vista upgrade adviser said it would be ok. It works ok in general (aero is fine) :

- problem with the bluettoth device driver (I found a solution on the web)
- impossible to run "sony vaio update" anymore
- impossible to find settings for brightness, contrast, or refreshment rate set to 60HZ and can not be changed,
- impossible to set sony vaio power management, not working anymore...

Thank you.

31 REPLIES 31
lulissel
Visitor

I've the same problems in my VGN AR11m (vaio update, video and audio drivers)... and Aero doesn't work. Can you tell me where do you find the drivers for bluetooth?
Thanks..

douidou
Visitor

In my Vaio FE11M, the bluetooth stack is provided by Toshiba (for sony) so you may try here : http://aps.toshiba-tro.de/bluetooth/redirect.php?page=pages/home.html

For your audio, I found a new driver for Vista on vaio club download, you may try it too. But they don't provide anything for video and display yet...

profile.country.en_IE.title
dazagro19
Visitor
sweetCoffee
Visitor

Thank you for this link!
Now me vaio FE-11M work perfectly with Windows Vista, drivers/applications etc...

Most of all, even the brightness works again ! 🙂

Gerrie

rakadjiev
Visitor

Hello!

I am interested, whether there will be Vista support/drivers for some "older" models, too, namely the VGN-S5HP/B?
Or could I somehow get a Vaio customized Vista anywhere (I have the license, but I don't want to install the generic one, because I don't know how will it work on my notebook)?
Thanks!

douidou
Visitor

FRENCH BELOW, en français plus bas :
I downloaded all the drivers and utilities at thje adress you gave us, but there is a problem I can not install any utilisites, an error occurs at the instal :
Error Code: <-5009 : 0x8002802b>
Error Description: <>Ctor\ObjectWrappr.cpp (163)>Ctor\ObjectWrapper.cpp (402)>Kernel\Component.cpp (1163)>Kernel\CABFile.cpp (389)>SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (1541)pAPP:Sony Utilities DLLPVENDOR:Sony CorporationPGUID:EF3D45BB-2260-4008-88EA-492E7744A9DF$11.50.0.42618@Windows (6000) IE 7.0.6000.16386>

I tries to install SOASNU... first, just like they tell us to do, but that is impossible to do... any idea why ?

Je n'arrive pas à installer les utilities, cela provoque une erreur à chaque fois, je ne comprends pas pourquoi. Tu as réussi toi ? merci

sweetCoffee
Visitor

Hello

Yes I have succesfully installed every utility, except for the sony motion eye... I'm looking for a solution... the driver has been installed but I cannot see it...

Try to reinstall vista perhaps, because maybe you have tried doing to much at once?
First install all the drivers, reboot and then install the applications.

It should work!

Gerrie

jdavidson
Visitor

I entirely agree.

I am anxious about upgrading to Vista as there doesn't appear to be much support if it all goes wrong.

For example is it possible to roll the system back to XP if you are unhappy with vista?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

For example is it possible to roll the system back to XP if you are unhappy with vista?

Not a ‘roll back’ as such, but assuming that you have created your recovery media or have your recovery partition intact you can always recover your operating system to ‘as delivered’.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat