Join now - be part of our community!

SONY WORST CUSTOMER SUPPORT IN UK

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
mohsiniftikhar
Visitor

SONY WORST CUSTOMER SUPPORT IN UK

YES SONY - Your customer support is worst and you will be out of market very soon if you continue this behaviour with customers.

You picked my laptop to repair overheating problem and gave me 5 days time line.

You are using 0870 number so people call on this expensive number and you make money through it.

When you send emails you use no-reply@ email addresses so we can't communicate with you via email as well.

There is no online website to check the laptop status and communicate with your team.

When i called for my laptop your rude customer support always said its under extensive test and we can't tell you when it will be ready. Even they never call me back to update me.

HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE TO TEST THE LAPTOP - 1 day or 10 days?

But don't worry i asked them to return it back to me bcoz i can't live without my laptop for more than 2 weeks.

It’s my mistake to buy Sony laptop and I will never repeat this mistake.

Angry customer: CASE NUMBER: 5408360‏

Message was edited by: mohsiniftikhar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I believe that the thread creator, soosiewong and a few others problems have been resolved so I'll mark this as answered.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
saggoo
Visitor

I really support you, that you will never get  any service support from Sony. My laptop VGN-NR8E Packed up in under two years.After so many calls, I gave up and now trying to selling it off in parts on EBAY. I will never ever buy Sony laptop in my life. Had enough

dread123
Visitor

no exactly how you feel.. i too have had to call numerous times regarding my repair- they even had my details mixed up with someone else?? got an ongoing dispute with them at moment- not happy!!!

mitch010
Visitor

I know how you are feeling too! - I have been trying to deal with my repair for the last week. My laptop has packed in similar to you in under 2 years - sent it off to Sony for a diagnosis (£58) to be told it will cost me £750 to repair and my motherboard and harddrive have both gone! - not even 2 years of use, my laptop is using legitimate software, hasn't been tampered with, use full norton security and I still am having grief with it.

I don't want to pay 3/4 of the price of the laptop to repair it - I may as well buy another laptop for the same price with a better spec. It's digusting that sony cannot give an explanation for this.:smileyangry::smileyangry::angry:

durtski
Visitor

Listen guys here's what you do. Just because they say you get 1 year warranty, thats total rubbish!!! You get far longer. The sale of goods act says reasonable time, so would you expect it to last more than 356 days...of course you do. Go to your local trading standards & push the case. It's about time SONY were brought before the courts & fined BIG time. My VAIO is about 3 months old & for £750 itsnot what I thought it would be. If I cant get my bluray to work, then watch what I do. firstly a credit card chargeback for goods not of merchantable quality, then sue for loss of earnings, its all within your rights. Always give them 10 working days & drag them into a contract with you, its so easy to do. Google FREEMAN ON THE LAND &chexck out thier websites.

Kirsty x

Soosiewong
Visitor

I agree and will not be buying Sony again in the near future....  My Vaio 'gave up' just after 4 months of very limited use as I normally use my PC as opposed to this lap top and in trying to get them to come and pick it up, they failed to give DHL or DHL failed to follow procedures and did not have the paperwork so when they came to pick it up Sony recommended that I did not give DHL the laptop - mind you there was no point anyway as DHL did not know where to deliver it to.....

I cancelled appointments today so that I would be sure I would be in - but now the outcome is I have to take another day off work to be in on Friday - they did suggest that they could pick it up from my place of work but that involves me carrying it to work 110 miles away - I may as well deliver it myself to the repair shop

Customer Service - perhaps they ought to look up what the word Service means.....

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I believe that the thread creator, soosiewong and a few others problems have been resolved so I'll mark this as answered.

ovibirau
Explorer

u're right ,they didn't have people trained for customer service ,they didn't have knowledges about computers 

Jackip
Visitor

Okay, now I'm seriously worried, my laptop came up as no operating system found in under one month and I can't get customer support to take care of it. Due to the incompetence of their customer service department to even arrange a pick up, I was already worried that if I hand over my laptop, I would never see it again.......seeing these posts.....WOW! I'm VERY worried now..........

laramaxoscar
Explorer

I am finding Sony customer service absolutely awful to deal with too.  They are very unhelpful indeed and I am truly disappointed that only 3 months after I bought a Sony product they won't replace a component that failed.  How ever do Sony expect to keep customers if they won't honour their warranty?  I certainly won't be buying another Sony product in the future and will be advising all my friends to avoid them too.   Really poor service Sony - here is the component that failed  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6rLU6Y2mhs